Wednesday, 31 May 2017

Circle Easel Card Tutorial

Hi Everyone, Lisa Bird shares this lovely inspirational make with you all.


I thought I would share how to make a circle easel card with dies.
For this I have used:
Sketch book collection – Chapter V British Wildlife cd-rom and die cut collection
With circle dies measuring 14.5cm, 11.9cm, 10.6cm and 9.4cm

Firstly, you need to fold a piece of A4 card in half (250gsm or 300gsm) and then place the largest die (14.5cm) on to the top of the folded card (over the fold) leaving a small gap so that not all the card will be cut.
This will make your circle card base.
To make the shape for the easel card you will then need to score and fold one half of one of the circles of the card.
You then need to use the same size circle die and cut 2 separate circles out of card. I use the same weight of card as this adds more strength to your card base.
One of these circles will then be used to add your topper onto, and the other is to cover the base of your card.
To decorate the circle, which I will use for my topper, I have cut three smaller circles from the papers that I chose.  I then matted and layered these together adding my die cut topper to the centre.
For the base I have cut one slightly smaller circle

I find it easier to matt and layer before putting the card together.
Next, glue the base topper on to the bottom of your card and the topper to the half folded piece of your card like the images below.
To keep the top of the card in place when displayed you will need to make a stopper.
Anything can be used for this such as: gems, pearls, sentiments, or any other decoration that has a little bit of height to it, as this will stop your topper from going any further than it needs too.
I have used a sentiment.

Then all that is left is to decorate your card.
I have used flowers and added gems to the centres for an extra bit of sparkle. Along with pieces of ivy that I thought matched the topper and the theme of nature.



 To Purchase Sketch book collection – Chapter V British Wildlife cd-rom and die cut collection
Please visit here We all recommend Lynda's Lovely white card too.

Happy Crafting.



No comments:

Post a Comment